International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
International Journal of Modern Science and Technology 2023;8(7):7-12. Full Paper (PDF)
Optimization of Machining Parameters for Minimal Temperature in Turning A-286 Superalloy under Minimum Quantity Lubrication using RSM
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Easwari Engineering College, Chennai - 600089, India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: email@example.com
Lubricant is used only in the smallest amount while machining in (MQL) minimum quantity lubrication. Due to its enhanced ability to remove heat from the machining zones, minimum quantity lubrication is a widely used lubrication system. In this experimental work, the usage of MWCNT (Multi Walled Carbon Nano Tubes) nanofluids with MQL in turning A286 superalloy is presented. Experiments were executed using L18 orthogonal array. Cutting speed, feed rate and cutting temperature were used to investigate the effectiveness in various environmental machining conditions (dry condition, oil condition, and nanofluid condition). The findings shows that MWCNT nanofluids with minimum lubrication were successful in lowering the cutting temperature.
Keywords: Turning, Cutting speed, Feed, Cutting temperature, A286 superalloy, Minimum quantity lubrication, Nanofluids.
- Puneet S, Balwinder SS, Jagdeep S. Investigation of effects of nanofluids on turning of AISI D2 steel using minimum quantity lubrication. J. Clean. Prod. 2015;108:72-79.
- Lin C, Tian Q, Shizhan H. Study on tool wear mechanism under cryogenic CO2-assisted minimum quantity lubrication technology. Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol. 2023;126:543-559.
- Sivaiah P. Evaluation of hybrid textured tool performance under minimum quantity lubrication while turning of AISI 304 steel. J. Braz. Soc. Mech. Sci. Eng. 2019;41. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40430-019-2069-0
- Imhade PO, Olayinka SO, Christian B. Multi Objective optimization of machining factors on surface roughness, material removal rate and cutting force on end-milling using MWCNTs nano-lubricant. Prog. Addit. Manuf. 2021;6(7):1-24.
- Yildirim CV, Kivak T, Erzincanli F. Tool wear and surface roughness analysis in milling with ceramic tools of Waspaloy: a comparison of machining performance with different cooling methods. J. Braz. Soc. Mech. Sci. Eng. 2019;41. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40430-019-1582-5
- K Ganesan, Naresh BN, Santhanakumar M. Experimental investigation of copper nanofluid based minimum quantity lubrication in turning of H 11 steel. J. Braz. Soc. Mech. Sci. Eng. 2018:40. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40430-018-1093-9
- Basir M, Bhaskar S, Hossein E, Yatish KV, Siamak AT. Transesterification of waste cooking oil to biodiesel by walnut shell/ sawdust as a novel, low-cost and green heterogeneous catalyst: Optimization via RSM and ANN. Ind. Crops Prod. 2023;193:116261.
- Naresh BM, Anandan V, Muthukrishnan N, Arivalagar AA. Evaluation of graphene based nano fluids with minimum quantity lubrication in turning of AISI D3 steel. SN Appl. Sci.2019;1202. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-019-1182-0
- Sitesh M, Anshuman D, Pankaj CJ. Turning of hardened AISI H13 steel with recently developed S3P-AlTiSiN coated carbide tool using MWCNT mixed nanofluid under minimum quantity lubrication. J. Mech. Eng. Sci.2022;234. https://doi.org/10.1177/09544062221126357
- Sathyanarayanan S, Suresh S, Saravanan CG, Vikneswaran M. Experimental investigation and performance prediction of gasoline engine operating parameters fueled with diisopropyl ether-gasoline blends: Response surface methodology-based optimization. J. Clean. Prod. 2022;375:133941.
- Sathyanarayanan S, Suresh S, Uslu S, Shivaranjani RS. Optimization of gasoline engine emission parameters employing commercial and sucrolite-catalyst coated converter using response surface methodology. Int. J. Environ. Sci. Technol. 2023;20:1725-1738.
- Mahboob Ali MA, Azwan IA, Ahmad Nabil MK. Experimental study on minimal nanolubrication with surfactant in the turning of titanium alloys. Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol. 2017;92:117-127.
- Archana T, Alakesh M, Sushant S. Multi Response optimization of turning parameters during machining of EN-24 steel with SiC nanofluids based minimum quantity lubrication. Silicon. 2020;12:71-85.
- Sivakumar DB, Arulmozhi M, Sathyanarayanan S, Sridharan M. Optimization of gasoline engine operating parameters fueled with DIPE-gasoline blend: Comparative evaluation between response surface methodology and fuzzy logic expert system, Process Saf. Environ. Prot. 2022;158:291-307