International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
January 2020, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 25-33.
The Effect of Slender-Wires Diameters Intelligent Helical Springs
Suresh Kumar, M. L. Aggarwal, Lakhwinder Singh
Department of Mechanical Engineering, YMCA University of Science & Technology, Faridabad-121006, Haryana, India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Slender or thin diameter wires which contract like muscles when electrically driven so it’s become interesting point to know the effect unique parameters as light weight value of SMA, load or distance gain with instant time response for its actuation. In this proposed work the two springs having different number of turns and different diameter as 0.1 and 0.2 mm are prepared with the help of fixture-cum- spring tool then heat treatment was provided in the furnace at 530°C for 45 min and then cooled for 16 hours just by switch-off the furnace and placed in contact of air upto 6 hr to opening of the gate of furnace. The parameters include the average wire temperature, average strain capacity, scale-load capability response and wire-current and voltage during working.
Keywords: Shape memory alloy; Manufacturing; Design; Actuator; Model.
- Ponam S, Garima G. Modeling and testing the spring elasticity Properties with Variable User Defined Input Parameters Using MATLAB. International Journal of Science and Research 2015;4:1857-61.
- Rajkumar S, Pathak DK, Dwivedi VK. modeling & simulation of spring mass damper system, Proceedings of SOM, Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee, 2014.
- Samal S, Heller L, Brajer I. Laser annealing on the surface treatment of thin super elastic NiTi wire, International conference on smart engineering materials, Department of machining, Czech Technical University, 2018.
- Pelton AR. Nitinol Fatigue: Review of microstructures and mechanisms NiTi wire. Journal of Material Engineering and Performance 2010;20:613-17.
- Riccardo C, Maurizio V, Syed AM, Tofail, Calum D. Italian research on smart materials and MEMS, University of Limerick, Scilla, 2012.
- Parande G, Manakari V, Wakeel S, Kujur MS, Gupta M. Enhancing Mechanical Response of Monolithic Magnesium Using Nano-NiTi (Nitinol) Particles. Metals 2018;8:1014.
- Kneissl AC, Lojen G, Mehrabi K, Scherngell H. Microstructure and properties of NiTi and CuAlNi shape memory alloys. Metalurgija - Journal Of Metallurgy 2008;14:89-100.
- Sateesh VL, Senthilkumar P, Satisha, Dayananda GN. Low cycle fatigue evaluation of NiTi SESMA thin wires. Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance 2014;23:2429-36.
- Umut DC, Zoltán M. Mechanical consequences of dynamically loaded NiTi wires under typical actuator conditions in rehabilitation and neuroscience. Condensed Matter, Materials Science. https://arxiv.org/abs/1711.11079
- Akshat J, Arun J, Prateek L, Sheelam M. Mathematical approach to helical and wave spring used in suspension system: A review. International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering 2017;5:78-82.
- Amitesh, Kale VC, Chandratre KV. A Comparative Evaluation Of Spring. International Engineering Research Journal 2019;7:2025-29.
- Francesca B, Lorenza P, Andrea S. A discussion about multi-axial fatigue criteria for NiTinol cardiovascular devices. Procedia Structural Integrity 2018;13:813-18.