International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
.April 2019, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp 107-110.
Traffic Light Controller using IC 555 Timer
M. Arunraj*, D. Deepa, A. Santhiya
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Adithya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: email@example.com
The proposed design of IC555 timer is used to control the traffic light signals. In the design of timer applications used LED to indicate light signals. The traffic signals move at particular time of 20ms.The software connection is made by cadencepspice and using bread board we have did hardware connections. The alteration is achieved by tuning the value of the variable resistor. In addition, the frequency is varied at selected value ranging from Hz to MHz, just to show that 555- timer IC can provide various frequency levels. The frequency can be determined by choosing the right value of the resistor and capacitor in the circuitry system.
Keywords: IC555 timer; Light-emitting diode; Bipolar junction transistor; Flip flop; Integrated circuits.
- Abhishek S, Suraj SJ. Design and implementation of real time pollution free autonomous vehicle for harvesting on VI platform. International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology. Kanyakumari, India. 2011. pp. 335-39.
- Rezal M, Norman M, Ishak A. Simple boost converter using Timer IC 555 for charging capacitor banks. IEEE Student Conference on Research and Development (SCOReD). Putrajaya, Malaysia. 2010. pp. 272-74.
- Sut-Ian H, Chi-Seng L, Man-Chung W. A woman in Engineering - increasing Macao students' interest in Science and Technology. IEEE Region 10 Conference. 2015. pp. 1-4.
- Nur FK, Mohamed Afendi MP. A compact and reliable pulse generator using dual 555-timer IC to produce PWM method. IEEE Conference on Energy Conversion (CENCON). Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 2017. pp. 100-4.
- Finlay GS. IEC 555 part 2-harmonics: background and implications. IEEE Colloquium on Single-Phase Supplies: Harmonic Regulations and Remedies. 2007. pp. 1-9.
- Yu DS, Zheng CY, Iu HHC, Fernando T. A memristive a stable multivibrator based on 555 timer. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS). Lisbon, Portugal. 2015. pp. 858-61.
- Grassi M, Ferragina V, Malcovati P, Caccia S, Bertuccio G, Martin D, Bastia P. Cappelluti I. A 32 × 32 channels, 3-cm2, 555-mW chip for X-ray pixel detector read-out. IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems (ICECS 2009). Yasmine Hammamet, Tunisia. 2009. pp. 227-30.
- Jack S, Shahriar M. A 5-V 555-μW 0.8-μm CMOS MEMS capacitive sensor interface using correlated level shifting. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS2013). Beijing, China. 2013. pp. 1504-7.
- Henry T. Logitech, ITNOW. 2010. pp. 27-7.
- Xianghua W, Weiduo S, Yongli L. A Study on the Testing of the 555-Chip Trigger Level. International Conference on System Science, Engineering Design and Manufacturing Informatization. Yichang, China. 2010. pp. 163-6.