International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
September 2021, Vol. 6, No. 9, pp. 157-160.
Automatic pill box for elderly and visually challenged people
K. Solangkili, S. Arulpriya, V. Pushpayazhini*, R. Ramya, R. Praveena
Department of Electronics and communication Engineering, Arasu Engineering College, Kumbakonam - 612501. Tamilnadu, India
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In day to day life, we come across IOT technology in many fields but in a medical/health care IOT is a slowly adopting one. It keeps the people safe and healthy where the main purpose is to decrease the cost of health care treatment in the future. Generally, most of the health issues are due to the ir-remembrance of medicine consumption at the right time. This paper aims to help the patients to get the regular dosage through the smart medicine box for regular health care checkup. This system helps for both elderly and visually impaired people based on voice recognition system, Secondly an alarm/buzzer system is provided for their remembrance along with a GMAIL/SMS notification in case of their loss of remembrance. This will provide the patients to take medicines in a proper scheduled time to keep them healthy and easy to adapt.
Keywords: Internet of Things; Health care; Medicine box; Voice recognition.
- Al-Mahmud O, Khan K, Roy R, Alamgir FM. Internet of Things (IOT) Based Smart Health Care Medical Box for Elderly people. International Conference for Emerging Technology (INCET). 5-7 June 2020. Belgaum, India.
- Mohammed AK, Mohammed NU, Asif MA, Naeemul IMA. Design & Implementation of an Automated Remainder Medicine Box for old people and Hospital. International Conference on Innovations in Science, Engineering and Technology (ICISET). 27-28 Oct. 2018. Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Ranjana P, Elizabeth A. Health Alert and Medicine Remainder using Internet of Things. IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC). 13-15 Dec. 2018. Madurai, India.
- Hiba Z, Khalil K, Roy AZD, Ali H, Josef B. Smart Medicine Box System. IEEE International Multidisciplinary Conference on Engineering Technology (IMCET). 14-16 Nov. 2018. Beirut, Lebanon.
- Srinivas M, Durgaprasada rao P, Naga Prudhvi Raj V. Intelligent Medicine Box for Medication Management using IOT. 2nd International Conference on Inventive Systems and Control (ICISC). 19-20 Jan. 2018. Coimbatore, India.
- Al-Shammary R, Mousa D, Esmaeili SE. The Design of a Smart Medicine Box. Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE). 8-10 May 2018. Mashhad, Iran.
- Majumder S, Aghayi E, Noferesti M, Memarzadeh-Tehran H, Mondal T, Zhibo P, Deen M. Smart Homes for Elderly Healthcare-Recent Advances and Research Challenges. Sensors 2017;17:1-32.
- Elanthiraiyan P, Babu S. Smart Medicine and physical Health System using IOT. International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing 2015;4:333-8.
- Ransing R, Rajput M. Smart home elderly care, based on Wireless sensor network. International Conference on Nascent Technologies in the Engineering Field (ICNTE), Navi Mumbai, India, 2015.
- Sohn S, Bae M, Lee Dk, Kim H. Alarm system for elder patients medication with IOT-enabled pill bottle. International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Convergence (ICTC), Jeju, South Korea, 2015.