International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
September 2021, Vol. 6, No. 9, pp. 154-156.
Solar energy powered multitasking agriculture robot
P. S. Vinishya, A. Caroline Fancy*, A. Aarthi, P. T. Santhiya
Department of Electronics and communication Engineering, Arasu Engineering College, Kumbakonam - 612501. Tamilnadu, India
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: email@example.com
The concept of the present work is to design a multitasking robot for agriculture which could run automatically. It is designed to minimize the labour and to increase the accuracy of work. The control and monitoring are based on IOT due to which the actual status of the robot can be monitored and controlled from any part of the world using internet. In field control the soil moisture, temperature and humidity is sensed using suitable sensor. In robot control, the whole system is switched to automated mode for complete control of the farm by the robot. The batteries are often recharged by the solar battery kept above the vehicle. This ensures the using of eco-friendly energy source and prevents frequent charging of the vehicle.
Keywords: Multitasking robot; Agriculture; Sensors; Automation.
- Blackmore B, Stout B, Wang M, Runov B. Robotic Agriculture- the future of agriculture mechanisation?. Agriculture Economics 2005;47:621-28.
- Martines JL, Mandow A, Morales J, Pedraza S, Garcia-Cerezo A. Approximating kinematics for tracked mobile robots. Int J Rob Res 2005;24(10):867-78.
- Billingsley J, Visala A, Dun M. Robotics in agriculture and forestry. Handbook of robotics, Springer, 2008.
- Teruaki M, Toshiki K, Akio I, Shinya O. Verification of a Weeding Robot. Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics 2008;20:228-33.
- Bakker T, Bontsema J, Muller J. Systemtic design of an autonomous platform for robotic weeding. J. Terremechanics 2010;47(2):63-7.
- Yan L, Chunlei X, Jangmyung L. Vision based pest detection and automatic spray in green house plant. IEEE International Symposium on ndustrial Electronics, 5-8 July 2009. Seoul, Korea (South).
- Aljanobi AA, Al-hamed SA, Al-Suhaibani SA. Aset up of mobile robotic unit for fruit harvesting. 19th International Workshop on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region (RAAD 2010). 24-26 June 2010. Budapest, Hungary.
- Xu J, Xu L. Autonomous Agriculture Robot and its row guidance. IEEE,International Conference on Measuring Technology, 2010.
- Gollakota A, Srinivas. Agribot: A Multipurpose agricultural robot. Indicon 2011;1(4):16-8.
- Ayaz M, Uddin MA, Sharif Z, Mansour A, Aggoune EM. Internet-of-things(IoT) based smart agriculture: Towards making the fields talk. IEEE Access 2019;7:129551-83.