International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
July 2021, Vol. 6, No. 7, pp. 109-113.
Third vision- Gloves for blind using Ultrasonic sensor
M. Rajasekar, I. Soundaryaa, P. S. Raghuvinder, S. P. Vijeth, G. Tamilnithi
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Knowledge Institute of Technology, Salem, Tamilnadu, India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail:email@example.com
One of the most important senses possessed by the human species is vision. From the survey of WHO, 39 million people are blind all over the world. It is a quite miserable statement. The main problem for visually impaired people is their navigation and movement. Currently used ways by blind people to overcome this problem are by using a white cane and specially trained dogs, but it requires proper maintenance and high cost. This project works by detecting an obstacle and alerting the person. A key feature of this project is alerting the person by audio assistance. There will be recorded instruction audio files. Based on the obstacle’s height and width sensed by the device, appropriate audio will be sent to the end-user using a mesh network for communication. By implementing this project, blind people can understand and think about what kind of obstacle it is, its size, and the distance between the obstacle and that person. It is compact and easy to carry, does not create any kind of disturbance to the environment and surrounding people.
Keywords: Visually impaired; Blind; Mesh network; Audio assistance; White cane.
- Alghamdi S, Van Schyndel R, Khalil I. Safe trajectory estimation at a pedestrian crossing to assist visually impaired people. Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), 2012 Annual International Conference of the IEEE, On page(s): 5114 - 5117.
- Gupta S, Sharma I, Tiwari A, Chitranshi G. Advanced guide cane for the visually impaired people. 1st International Conference on Next Generation Computing Technologies (NGCT), 2015, pp. 452-455.
- Adhe, Shubham, Sachin K, Preetam S, Kulkarni VS. Ultrasonic Smart Stick for Visually Impaired People. IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering 2015;NCIEST-2015:11-5.
- Mahdi Safaa A, Muhsin Asaad H, Al-Mosawi Ali I. Using Ultrasonic Sensor for Blind and Deaf persons Combines Voice Alert and Vibration Properties. Research Journal of Recent Sciences 2012;1(11):50-2.
- Patel V. The Digitalization of the Walking Stick for the Blind. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research 2015;6(4):1142-5.
- Vanitha K, Charitha T. Multifunctional Blind Stick for Visually Impaired People. Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Communication and Electronics System (ICCES 2020) IEEE Conference Record #48766; pp.1506-1509.
- Tahmidul Kabir AZM, Nirmol DN, Mohitosh P. Intelligent Path-Finder for the Blind. 1st International Conference on Advances in Science, Engineering and Robotics Technology 2019 (ICASERT 2019), pp. 250-253.
- Pooja S, Shimi SL. Design and Development of Virtual Eye for the Blind. International Journal of Innovative Research in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Control Engineering 2015;3(3):40-43.
- Srayya GVNSK, Harini N. Third Eye For Blind Using Ultrasonic Sensor. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology 2020;29:1222-30.
- Lamya A, Reem AD, Sara AK, Al Motiry, Hind A, Lama AH, Masheal A. Third Eye: An Eye for the Blind to Identify Object Using Human-Powered Technology. Proceedings of the International Conference on Cloud Computing (ICCC). 2015. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. pp. 387-380.