International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
March 2020, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 90-93.
RFID Based Attendance System using IoT
B. Nandhakumar, K. Naveen kumar, M. Vijay, A. Sriram
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Arasu Engineering College, Kumbakonam – 612501. India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In classrooms, time is wasted in roll calls as it is done manually. In this proposed system, authorized student is given an RFID tag. Thus, the data stored in this card is referred as the identification/attendance of the person. Once the student places the card in front of the RFID card reader, it reads the data and verifies it with the data stored in the microcontroller from 8051 family. If the data matches, then it displays a message on the LCD confirming the entry of that student else displays a message denying the attendance. The status of a student’s attendance can be retrieved from this system by pressing the status button interfaced to the microcontroller. Hence, a lot of time is saved as all the students attendance is directly stored in the data base.
Keywords: Internet of Things; Radio frequency identification; Microcontroller; Attendance system.
- Sri Madhu BM, Kavya K, Devansh. IoT based automatic attendance management system, IEEE International Conference on Current Trends in Computer, Electrical, Electronics and Communication, September 2017. DOI: 10.1109/CTCEEC.2017.8455099
- Qianwen M, Fu X, Haiping H, Lijuan S, Ruchan W. Smart Attitude Algorithm with Parrite RFID Tags. IEEE Conference 2018.
- Hassan S, Ertan Z, Ghassan AH. New anti-collision protocol for RFID – Based Student Attendance system. 2nd International Symposium on Multidisciplinary Studies and Innovative Technologies (ISMSIT). October 2018. DOI: 10.1109/ISMSIT.2018.8567278
- Faisal RB, Khoirun N, Roudhotul AS et al. Implementation of RFID Attendance System With Face Detection Using Validation Viola-Jones and Local Binary Pattern Histogram Method. International Symposium on Electronics and Smart Devices (ISESD). October 2019.
- Nguyen HK, Chew MT. RFID – Based Attendance management System, 2nd Workshop on Recent Trends in Telecommunications Research (RTTR) Palmerston North, New Zealand. 2017.
- Sri vignesh PSS, Bhaskar M. RFID and Pose Invariant Face Verification Based Automated Classroom Attendance System. International Conference on Microelectronics, Computing and Communications (MicroCom). January 2016.
- Wenxian Z, Qinglin M, Ran L. Design of Intelligent Classroom Attendance System Based on Face Recognition. IEEE 3rd Information Technology, Networking, Electronic and Automation Control Conference (ITNEC). March 2019.
- Xiao F, Wang Z, Ye N, Wang R, Li XY. One More Tag Enables Fine – Grained RFID Localization and Tracking. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 2019;26:161-78.