International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
April 2019, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp 111-114.
Design of T Shaped CPW Fed Monopole Antenna for WLAN Applications
W. Sherinemary¹, M. Arunraj¹, P. Sowjanya², S. Ashok Kumar³
¹Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Adithya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India.
²Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Adithya Institute of Technology,
³Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Jyothishmathi Institute of Technology, Telungana, India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: email@example.com
A CPW fed T shaped slot antenna is proposed for modern wireless communication and worldwide interoperability applications. The proposed antenna simulated using mentor graphics IE3D.The maximum return loss of our antenna shows at 5.5 GHz. It shows maximum gain of 5dBi and designed using FR4 substrate. The dimensions of the rectangular antenna are 43 X 41 mm. The radiation pattern of our proposed system shows that bidirectional in E plane and omnidirectional in H plane.
Keywords: Coplanar waveguide; FR4 substrate; Wireless local area networks; IE3D Software.
- Renaldi W, Ming H, Yuan U, David S, Edwin C, Chi-Hung L, Wayne L. A WLAN and bluetooth combo transceiver with integrated WLAN power amplifier, transmit-receive switch and WLAN/ bluetooth shared low noise amplifier. IEEE Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits Symposium. Montreal, QC, Canada. 2012. pp. 395-98.
- You Z, Tailong S, Xiaohuo X, Hongxing Y, Tuozhong Y. Research on WLAN planning problem based on optimization models and multi-agent algorithm. IEEE International Conference on Cybernetics and Intelligent Systems (CIS) and IEEE Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics (RAM). Ningbo, China. 2014. pp. 249-54,
- Gaurav S, Chetan V. Performance investigation of the WLAN link using QAM and QPSK based on vector signal transceiver 5644R. International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT). Nagpur, India. 2017. pp. 34-7.
- Chun-Wen PH, William V, Christophe M, Joe S, Tony Q. A 5 x 5 mm Highly Integrated Dual-band WLAN Front-End Module Simplifies 802.11 a/b/g and 802.11n Radio Designs. IEEE Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits (RFIC) Symposium. Honolulu, HI, USA. 2007. pp. 665-8.
- Chun-Wen PH, Christophe A, Chris Z, Craig C, Ted W, Joe S, William V, Andrew P. Ultra Linear Dual-band WLAN Front-End Module for 802.11 a/b/g/n Applications with Wide Voltage and Temperature Range Operation. IEEE/MTT-S International Microwave Symposium. Honolulu, HI, USA. 2007. pp. 247-50.
- Ashok Kumar S, Shanmuganantham T. Design and Analysis of Implantable CPW Fed Bowtie Antenna for ISM Band Applications. International Journal of Electronics and Communication 2014;68:158-65.
- Fan ST, Yin YZ, Li H, Wei SJ, Li XH, Kang L. A Novel Tri-Band Printed Monopole Antenna with an Etched ∩-Shaped Slot and a Parasitic Ring Resonator for WLAN and WiMAX Applications. Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters 2010;16:61-8.
- Kenny SR, Ahmed AK., UWB Antenna with Single or Dual Band-Notches for Lower WLAN Band and Upper WLAN Band. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation 2009;3942-50.
- Wen-Shan C, Guan-Quan L, Wen-Hsiu H. WLAN MIMO antennas with a GPS antenna for smart watch applications. International Workshop on Electromagnetics: Applications and Student Innovation Competition. London, UK. 2017. pp. 89-90.
- Stefan A, Venkatesha Prasad R, Ignas G, Niemegeers MM. Outdoor Long-Range WLAN: A Lesson for IEEE 802.11ah. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials 2015;17:1761-75.