International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
April 2019, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp 101-106.
Design and Implementation of Solar KY Converter using Sliding Mode Controller
S. Sivaranjani¹*, G. Balasubramanian²
¹Research Scholar, Annamalai University, Chidambaram. India.
²Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Arasu Engineering College,Kumbakonam. India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The present work orient to design an implementation of solar KY converter using sliding mode controller with a view of regulate the output voltage and reduce a ripple over a wide range of operating loads. The philosophy modules results in generation of higher output current and low output voltage ripple and higher voltage boosting capability. The theory owes to derive the reference wave from the principle of the controller for generating the pulse width modulated (PWM) pulse to turn on the power switches in the converter, in accordance with the requirements of the change in the load, The advantage of using this circuit compare to the conventional boost converter is this long life because the input current ripple small and fast transient response. The MATLAB based simulation result project the suitability of the use of the controller for use in similar circuit and allow it to claim a place for it use in real world utilities.
Keywords: Solar PV system; KY converter; Pulse width modulation; Sliding mode controller.
- Geetha MR, Suja Mani Malar R, Ahilan T. Current sharing in parallel connected boost converters. The Journal of Engineering 2016;2016(12):444-52.
- Meera R, Priya J. Voltage gain enhancement using KY converter. IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering 2017;S27-34.
- Hwu KI, Yau YT. A KY Boost converter. IEEE Trans Power Electron 2010;25:2699-703.
- Aseeb PP, Nayas Qudrathulla PP. High voltage boosting converters based on bootstrap capacitors. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Applied Science2015;1(7):475-88.
- Yung-Shan C, Chia-Jung S, Hwu KI. On the design of fuzzy-controlled KY converter. International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems (PEDS). Taipei, Taiwan. 2009.
- Hwu KI, Chen YH. Bidirectional Control of Inverse KY Converter. IEEEInternational Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISlE 2009). Seoul Olympic Parktel, Seoul, Korea. 2009.
- Hwu KI, Jiang WZ, Shieh JJ. Study and simulation on control-to-output transfer function of KY boost converter. IECON2015-Yokohama, Japan. 2015.
- Hwu KI, Jiang WZ, Chen H.M. Voltage gain enhancement of KY converter. IEEE Trans Ind Electron 2012;59:1650-61.
- Muley SS, Nagarale RM. Sliding mode control of boost converter. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering 2013;3(9):436-41.
- Pathuri N, Deepak Reddy P. Practical Implementation of a Sliding Mode Control for Buck Converter. International Journal of Innovative Research in Technology 2014;1(4):54-60.
- Hai JW, Chi-Seng L, Wai-Hei C, Chi-Kong W, Man-Chung W. A 97.0% Maximum Efficiency, Fast Response, Low Voltage Ripple KY Boost Converter for Photovoltaic Application. IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics for Sustainable Energy Systems (IESES). Hamilton, New Zealand. 2018.