International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
April 2019, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp 97-100.
Design of Multistage Amplifier for Small Signal Audio Applications
S. Muthukumar, M. Arunraj*, D. Deepa, P. Rajesh, A. Santhiya
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Adithya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The proposed multistage amplifier can be used in audio applications. It is designed by using cascade connection with BJT and FET. The multistage amplifier has only one input that is ac signal (sin wave) and output is audio signal. The amplifier is working at a resonance frequency of 1 KHz to 3 Mhz and it is designed by using pspice software. The proposed amplifier hardware setup is done by breadboard. The gain of the multistage amplifier is very low and the frequency is maintaining constant at particular level (31.16 gain).
Keywords: Field effect transistor; Bipolar junction transistor; Common source circuit; Common emitter circuit.
- Barataud D, Campovecchio M, Nebus JM. Optimum design of very high-efficiency microwave power amplifiers based on time-domain harmonic load–pull measurements. IEEE Trans Microw Theory 2001;49:1107-12.
- Yuan H, Jeong HM, Lee JS, Kang BH, Yeom H, Lee SW, Kim SH, Shin JK, Kang SW. Benzene gas detection using a MOSFET-BJT hybrid mode operated gated lateral BJT. International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems (TRANSDUCERS & EUROSENSORS XXVII). 2013: pp. 254-57.
- Kyung-Suk S, In-Young_C, Young JP. A BJT-Based Hetero structure 1T-DRAM for Low-Voltage Operation. IEEE Electron Device Letters 2012;33:14-6.
- Dong-Il, Sung-Jin C, Jin-Woo H, Sungho K, Yang-Kyu C. Fin-Width Dependence of BJT Based 1T-DRAM Implemented on Fin FET. IEEE Electron Device Letters 2010;31:909-11.
- Zhenming Z, Jerry GF, Zhichao L. Physical Insights on BJT-Based 1T DRAM Cells. IEEE Electron Device Letters 2009;30:565-7.
- Amin AR, Salehi A; Gheze layagh MH. BJT circuits simulation including self-heating effect using FDTD method. Asia-Pacific International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility. Beijing, China. 2010: pp. 924-7.
- Shiwei L, Jun W, Zhigao P, Guanghui C, Xin Y, John Shen Z, Linfeng D. A modified behavior spice model for SiC BJT, IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC). San Antonio, TX, USA. 2018: pp.238-43.
- Marc A, Nadine C, Robin D, Zhichao L, Bart DW. BJT-Mode Endurance on a 1T-RAM Bulk FinFET Device. IEEE Electron Device Letters 2010;31:1380-2.
- Shiwei L, Linfeng D, Zhigao P, Yize S, John Shen Z, Jun W. A New Proportional Base Driver Technique for Minimizing Driver Loss of SiC BJT. IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE). 2018: PP. 5485-8.
- Dapeng S, Man-Kay L, Bo W, Pui-In M, Rui PM. Piecewise BJT process spread compensation exploiting base recombination current. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), Baltimore, MD, USA. 2017. pp. 1-4.