International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
November 2019, Vol. 4, No. 11, pp 281-285.
Effective Multiplexer Power-Delay Space Design using Generic 250 nm Device
M. Dhasarathi, A. Sriram
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Arasu Engineering College, Kumbakonam – 612501. Tamilnadu, India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
High speed and low power is utmost requirement of today’s VLSI systems and digital signal processing applications. In this paper, we have discussed 8-bit multiplexer design employing CMOS full adder, full adder using Double Pass Transistor and multi output carry Look ahead logic. DPL adder avoids the noise edge problem and speed deprivation at low value of supply voltages associated with complementary pass transistor logic circuits. Multi output carry look ahead adder leads to significant enhancement in the speed of the overall circuitry. The investigation is carried out with simulation runs on GENERIC 250 nm. Finally, the design guidelines are derived to select the most suitable topology for the desired applications. Investigation reveals that multiplexer design using multi output carry look ahead adder proves to be more speed efficient in comparison with the other two considered design strategies.
Keywords: Multiplexer; Generic 250 nm; CMOS; full adder.
- Zohaib S, Naqvi H, Design and simulation of enhanced 64-bit Vedic multiplier, IEEE Jordan Conference on Applied Electrical Engineering and Computing Technologies, 11-13 Oct. 2017, Aqaba, Jordan.
- Lamba B, Sharma A, A review paper on different multipliers based on their different performance parameters, 2nd International Conference on Inventive Systems and Control, 19-20 Jan. 2018, Coimbatore, India.
- Jiang Y, Al-Sheraidah A, Wang Y, Sha E, Chung JG, A novel multiplexer-based low- power full adder, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs 2004;51:345-48.
- Soniya, Suresh Kumar, A Review of Different Type of Multipliers and Multiplier Accumulator Unit, International Journal of Emerging Trends and Technology in Computer Science 2013;2:364-68.
- Dillikumar B, Charan kumar K, Bharathi M, Low power multiplexer base full adder using pass transistor logic, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering AND Technology 2012;1:291-96.
- Aravind Kumar M, Ranga Rao O, Dileep M, Pradeep Kumar Reddy CV, Man KP, Performance Evaluation of Different Multipliers in VLSI using VHDL, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering 2016;5:6-11.
- Shafiulla Basha S, Badashah SJ, Design and implementation of radix-4 based high speed multiplier for ALU’s using minimal partial products, International Journal of Advances in Engineering AND Technology 2012;4;314-25.
- Antony M, Sri Ranjani Prasanthi S, Indu S, Design of High Speed Vedic Multiplier using Multiplexer based Adder, International Conference on Control, Communication & Computing, 19-21 November 20151 Trivandrum, India.
- Vaidya S, Dandekar D, Delay-power performance comparison of multipliers in VLSI circuit design, International Journal of Computer Networks and Communications 2010;2:47-56.
- Haghparast M, Jafarali Jassbi S, Navi K, Design of a Novel Reversible Multiplier Circuit using HNG Gate in Nanotechnology, World Applied Sciences Journal 2008;3(6):974-78.