International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
January 2018, Vol. 3, No 1, pp 1-5.
Development of an Android App for finding the Nearest Auto Services in Tumkur City, India: Wepathit.Com
B. G. Premasudha*, D. R. Nagarohith
Department of Master of Computer Applications, Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumakuru, India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The transportation is becoming insecure now days because there were no mobile services. By using mobile value added services we can enable customers and Auto drivers’ interaction through an android app that identifies the customer’s current location with the help of a GPS enabled phones to hire an auto by the customers. This system will enable the customer’s to track the correct path by using Google maps for their particular destination. The communication between the customers and the drivers will be done by Google Cloud Messaging (GCM). This application’s goal is to help the people who are new to the city and old age people who cannot walk up to main roads to catch an auto to reach some destination. This will also give services to the people during emergency, where they could not find any means of transportation or when it is in need. The customers and auto drivers are identified by their GCM register id. Through smart phones all the details which are required to transactions are exchanged and that is through server. Mobile verifications, tracing of auto and customer and allocating job to particular auto driver is maintained at server and all details are stored in database for further transactions. Once the user requests for the service the current location and destination address is picked up. The drivers nearest to the current location are intimated through a Google cloud message sent by the server application. The driver who responds the job is allocated. The driver details are then sent to the customer and the customer details are sent to the driver.
Keywords: Android; Google Cloud Messaging; Location Based Services; Google Positioning System; Mobile value added services.
- Manav S, Anupam S. Implementation of Location based Services in Android using GPS and Web Services. International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2012;9:237-242.
- Amit K, Vineet K. Location Based Services using Android Mobile Operating System. International Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology. 2011;1:14-20.
- Hu WC, Kaabouch N, Yang HJ, Sharif A. Location-Based Services Design and Implementation Using Android Platforms. Midwest Instruction and Computing Symposium, Cedar Falls, IA, USA; 2012.
- Kumar S, Qadeer MA, Gupta A. Location Based Services using Android. IEEE International Conference on Internet Multimedia Services Architecture and Applications, Bangalore, India; 2009.
- Sondhi S, Biswas S, Gupta G, Bharwani P. Mobile Value-Added Services (MVAS) – A Vehicle to Usher in Inclusive Growth and Bridge the Digital Divide. Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India. 2011.
- Vanjire S, Kanchan U, Shitole G, Patil P. Location Based Services on Smart Phone through the Android Application. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2014;3(1):4982-4987.
- Yilmaz YS, Aydin BI, Demirbas M. Google Cloud Messaging (GCM): An Evaluation. Symposium on Selected Areas in Communications: GC14 SAC Internet of Things. Globecom 2014.
- Khan SI, Patil YS. Google Cloud Messaging (GCM). International Journal of Innovative and Emerging Research in Engineering. 2016;3(2):84-87.
- Paterson KG, Stebila D. One-Time-Password-Authenticated Key Exchange. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2010;6168:264-281.
- Abdalla M, Chevassut O, Pointcheval D. One-time verifier-based encrypted key exchange. In Serge Vaudenay, editor, Public Key Cryptography (PKC) 2005;3386:47-64.
- Bellare M, Pointcheval D, Rogaway P. Authenticated key exchange secure against dictionary attacks. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2000;1807:139-155.
- Bhosale ST, Patil T, Patil P. SQLite: Light Database System. International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing. 2015;4(4):882-885.
- Gower JC. Euclidean Distance Geometry. Rothamsted Experimental Station. Math Scientist. 1982;7:1-14.
- Premasudha BG, Leena HU, Maharani HK. Spatiotemporal Analysis of Tuberculosis Incidence in Tumakuru District, Karnataka, India. International Journal of Modern Science and Technology. 2017;2(7):267-272.