International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
International Journal of Modern Science and Technology, Vol. 2, Special Issue 1, 2017, Pages 43-46.
Design and Implementation of CUK Converter
P. Manisankar, N. Sathish Kumar, N. Vimal Bharathi, G. Balasubramanian
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Arasu Engineering College, Kumbakonam – 612 501. India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: email@example.com
In this paper presents, design and implementation of CUK converter. The CUK converter topology has often been modified for more functions or better performances. As for performances, the research on the CUK converters is concentrated on lowering switching or conduction loss, reducing component sizes, improving system efficiency, mitigating voltage or current stress, speeding up transient responses, etc. The operation of CUK converter is quite different from operation of PWM converters. The principle motivation behind the development of the CUK converter has been their ability to provide unity power factor at constant duty cycle and reduced switching losses. It has many advantages like easy implementation of the transformer isolation, protection against high inrush current, low current ripple and also less Electromagnetic Interference (EMI). The controller effectiveness is validated by simulating the CUK converter in simpower systems toolbox of MATLAB/SIMULINK.
Keywords: DC-DC CUK Converter; Pulse Width Modulation; Total Harmonic Distortion; MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Chen Z. PI and sliding mode control of a cuk converter. IEEE Transaction Transactions on Power Electronics. 2012;27:3695-3703.
- Patel C, Prajapati HN. Design of DC-DC converter based on cuk topology for PV system. International Journal of Conceptions on Electrical and Electronics Engineering. 2014;2(1):33-36.
- Sriranjani R, ShreeBharathi A, Jayalalitha S. Design of cuk converter powered by PV Array. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. 2013;6:793-796.
- Singh S, Singh B. A voltage-controlled pfc cuk converter-based PMBLDCM drive for air conditioners Industry Applications. IEEE Transactions IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2012;48:832-838.
- TF, Chen YK. Modeling PWM DC/DC converters out of basic converter units. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 1998;13:870-881.
- Lesster LE. Fuel cell power electronics, managing a variable-voltage DC source in a fixed-voltage AC. World Fuel cells Bulletin 2009;3:5-9.
- Erickson RW, Maksimovic D. Fundamentals of Power Electronics. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001.
- Cuk S. Switching DC-to-DC converter with zero input or output current ripple in proceedings of IEEE Industry Applications conference, 1978. pp.1131-1145.
- Cuk S. A new zero-ripple switching DC-DC converter and integrated magnetics. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. 1983;19:57-75.
- Mrutyunjay D, Panigrahi CK, Moharana MK. Improvement of the performance of PV system with cuk converter by mppt Technology. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2015;127:33-26.
- Fardoun AA, Ismail EH, Sabzali AJ, Al-Saffar MA. New efficient bridgeless cuk rectifiers for PFC applications Power Electronics. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2012;27:3292-3301.
- Simonetti DSL, Sebastian J, Uceda J. The discontinuous conduction mode sepic and cuk power factor pre regulators: Analysis and Design. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 1997;44:630-637.