International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
International Journal of Modern Science and Technology, Vol. 2, Special Issue 1, 2017, Pages 26-33.
Design of Synchronous SEPIC DC-DC Converter of a Stand Alone Photovoltaic System
S. Senpagapandi, R. Sathish, S. Anitha Nirmal
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Roever Engineering College, Perambalur - 621212. India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: email@example.com
A synchronous single ended primary inductance DC-DC SEPIC converter is designed and simulated within a PV standalone system. This converter has high efficiency of energy transfer from the generator to load compared to the conventional converters. The diode in the converter is replaced by a PWM controlled switch to make the operating better by avoiding the discontinuous conduction mode and saving diode’s inverse voltage. Fuzzy Logic Controller (FLC) is used to extract maximum output power of the PV system. PV energy is the most essential energy resources since it is pollution free, clean and endless. The FLC proposed scheme is interface to generate the PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) for the SEPIC controller for maximum power point tracking operation. FLC is used for more efficient performance under the variation in different atmosphere.
Keywords: Photovoltaic module; Single-ended primary-inductance converter; DC-DC converter; Pulse Width Modulation; Fuzzy logic controller; Efficiency.
- Bharathi ML. Comparison of solar powered SEPIC, ZETA and ILB converters fed DC drives. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015;8:247-250.
- Mamarelis E, Petrone G, Spagnuolo G. Design of a sliding- mode-controlled SEPIC for PV applications. IEEE Trans Industrial Electronics 2014;61:3387-3398.
- Kalirasu A, Dash SS. Modeling and simulation of closed loop controlled buck converter for solar installation. International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering. 2011;3:206-210.
- Dey J, Saha TK, Mahato SN. Robust voltage regulation of DC-DC PWM based buck-boost converter. IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology. 2014. pp. 229-234.
- Verma AK, Singh B, Kaushik SC. An isolated solar power generation using boost converter and boost inverter. International Journal of Engineering and Information Technology. 2010;2:101-108.
- El Khateb A, Rahim NA, Selvaraj J, Uddin MN. Fuzzy-logic-controller-based SEPIC converter for maximum power point tracking. IEEE Trans Ind Appl 2014;50: 2349-2358.
- Kavitha K, Jeyakumar E. A synchronous cuk converter based photovoltaic energy system design and simulation, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publication. 2012;2:1-8.
- Twiname RP, Thrimawithana DJ. Madawala UK. Baguley C. A resonant bi-directional DC-DC converter. IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology. 2014. pp. 307-311.
- Subba Rao M, Sai Babu Ch, Satynarayana S. Analysis and control of double-input integrated buck-boost converter for hybrid electric vehicles. International Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology. 2011;1(4):40-46.
- Martins DC, De Oliveira AH. Isolated three-phase rectifier using a SEPIC DC-DC converter in continuous conduction mode for power factor correction. WSEAS Trans Circuits. 2002;2:l3-l9.