International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
International Journal of Modern Science and Technology, Vol. 2, Special Issue 1, 2017, Pages 20-25.
Three phase grid connected transformer less mosfet Inverter for photovoltaic system
V. Suriyakala, V. Mohan, B. Amalore Naveen Antony
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, E.G.S.Pillay Engineering College, Nagapattinam, India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: email@example.com
The unipolar sinusoidal pulse width modulation (SPWM) full-bridge transformer less photovoltaic (PV) inverter can achieve high efficiency by using latest super-junction metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistor (MOSFET) together with silicon carbide (Sic) diodes. However, the MOSFETs are limited to use in transformer less PV inverter due to the low reverse recovery characteristics of the body diode. In this paper, a family of new transformer less PV inverter topology for single-phase grid-tied operation is proposed using super-junction MOSFETs and Sic diodes as no reverse recovery issues are required for the main power switches for unity power operation. In addition, dead time is not necessary for main power switches at both the high frequency commutation and the grid zero crossing instant, results low current distortion at output. The dc operating principles of the proposed inverter and the voltage balancing method of the multilevel inverter is controlled with Sinusoidal Pulse-Width Modulation (SPWM). This paper contains theoretical analysis and simulation result of this novel multilevel inverter. Finally, a 1kw prototype is built and tested to verify the theoretical analysis. The experimental results show 98.5% maximum efficiency and 98.32% European efficiency. Furthermore, to show the effectiveness, the proposed topology is compared with the other transformer less topologies.
Keywords: DC–AC Inverter; Digital Signal Processor; Maximum Power Point Tracking; Multi Level Inverter; Sinusoidal Pulse With Modulation.
- Fitzer C, Barnes M, Green P. Voltage Sag Detection Technique for a Dynamic Voltage Restorer. IEEE Trans Ind Applicat. 2004;40:203-212.
- Manmadha Rao S, Lakshmi Kumari SVR, Srinivasa Rao B. Compensation of Unbalanced Sags/ Swells by Single Phase Dynamic Voltage Restorer. International Electrical Engineering Journal. 2015;6:1743-1748.
- Woodley NH, Morgan L, Sundaram A. Experience with an inverter based dynamic voltage restore. IEEE Trans Power Deliv. 1999;14(3):549-557.
- Mishra SK, Mangaraj M. Dynamic Voltage Restorer incorporating dqo Transformation Enhancing Power Quality, International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012;iC3S:19-22.
- Vijay Kumar D, Trinadha B, Prameela K. Z-Source Inverter based Dynamic Voltage Restorer for the Mitigation of Voltage Sag /Swell. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology Research. 2015;04:7178-7182.
- Peng FZ, Akagi H, Nabae A. Compensation characteristics of the combined system of shunt passive and series active filters. IEEE Trans Ind Applicat. 1993;29:144-151.
- Fitzer C, Barnes M, Green P. Voltage Sag Detection for a Dynamic Voltage Restorer. IEEE Trans Power Deliv. 2004;40:203-212.
- Boonchiam P, Mithulananthan N. Understanding of Dynamic Voltage Restorer through MATLAB simulation, Thammasat International Journal of Scence and Technology. 2005;11:126-132.
- Deepa S, Rajapandian S. Voltage Sag Mitigation Using Dynamic Voltage Restorer System by Modified Z-Source Inverter. International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Civil Engineering, 2012. pp. 1-4.
- Rovai CH, Doorwar A. An overview of various control techniques of DVR. International Conference on Circuit Power and Computing Technologies, 2014. pp. 53-57.
- Nicolaescu Gh, Andrei H, Rädulescu D. Dynamic Voltage Restorer Response Analysis for Voltage Sags Mitigation in MV Networks with Secondary Distribution Configuration. Proceedings of the IEEE-EEEIC, 2014. pp. 10-12.
- Heine P, Matti L. Voltage Sag Distributions Cause by Power System Fault, IEEE Transsactions on PowerSystems, 2003;18:1367-1373.
- Rashid MH. Power Electronics, 2nd ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1993.