International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
International Journal of Modern Science and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 4, 2017, Pages 152-157.
Smart Monitoring and Controlling of PV System Using IoT
M. Latha, S. Mani, R. Manikandan
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, A.V.C. College of Engineering, Mayiladuthurai- 609305. India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to analyse the performance of photovoltaic (PV) systems, we have developed a real-time expert system based on a central microcomputer used as a micro server and can be easily consulted from different automatic stations. The developed system is able to ensure the monitoring, supervision, and control of PV systems installed over a wide area, on one hand, and to create a general PV systems database, on the other. This system presents a design of a universal data acquisition system with available components and which is easily accessible through a server. This system presents a novel procedure for fault diagnosis in PV systems with Internet Of Things (IoT).This work describes the development of a system designed for renewable power generation integration. It continuously acquires solar and temperature, current, voltage, irradiance which is automatically correlated with energy parameters, obtained from renewable energy systems. The developed system was installed in a photovoltaic power generation. The developed application allows, in addition to the acquisition of weather and energy data, their continuous monitoring and correlation through a graphical user interface, providing a friendly interactivity with the user.
Keywords: PV Systems; Wireless Sensor Network; Cloud; Internet Of Things; Global System for Mobile communication; Controller.
- Jui-Ho C, Wen-Tsai S, Guo-Yan L. Automated Monitoring System for the Fish Farm Aquaculture Environment. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics. 2016
- A. Houssein, Heraud N, Souleiman I, Pellet G. Monitoring and fault diagnosis of photovoltaic panels. Proceedings of the IEEE International Energy Conference and Exhibition. 2010. pp 389–394.
- Kuei-Hsiang C, Sheng-Han H, Meng-Hui W. Modeling and fault diagnosis of a photovoltaic system. Electronic Power Systems Research 2008;78:97-105.
- Lin, Y. Wang, D. Zhu, N. Chang, and M. Pedram. Online fault detection and tolerance for photovoltaic energy harvesting systems. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer-Aided Design. 2012. Pp. 1–6.
- Makrides G, Zinsser B, Georghiou GE, Schubert M, Werner JH. Degradation of different photovoltaic technologies under field conditions. Proceedings of the IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, Honolulu, HI, 2010. pp. 2332–2337.
- Ngu AH, Gutierrez M, Metsis V, Nepal S, Sheng GZ. IoT Middleware: A Survey on Issues and Enabling Technologies. IEEE Internet of Things Journal. 2017;4(1):1-20.
- Munoz MA, Alonso-García MC, Vela N, Chenlo F. Early degradation of silicon PV modules and guaranty conditions. Solar Energy. 2011;85(9):2264-2274.
- Chouder A, Silvestre S. Analysis Model of Mismatch Power Losses in PV Systems. Journal of Solar Energy Engineering. 2009;131(2):024504-024504-5.
- Chouder A, Silvestre S. Automatic supervision and fault detection of PV systems based on power losses analysis. Energy conversion and Management. 2010;51(10):1929-1937.
- Drews A, de Keizer AC, Beyer HG, Lorenz E, Betcke J, van Sark WGJHM, Heydenreich W, Wiemken E, Stettler S, Toggweiler P, Bofinger S, Schneider M, Heilscher, G, Heinemann D. Monitoring and remote failure detection of grid-connected PV systems based on satellite observations. Solar Energy. 2007;81:548-564.
- Kang BK, Kim ST, Bae SH, Park JW. Diagnosis of output power lowering in a pv array by using the kalman-filter algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 2012;27(4):885-894.
- Petrone G, Spagnuolo G, Teodorescu R, Veerachary M, Vitelli M. Reliability issues in photovoltaic power processing systems. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2008;55(7):2569-2580.
- Román E, Alonso R, Ibañez P, Elorduizapatarietxe S, Goitia D. Intelligent PV module for grid-connected PV systems. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2006;53(4):1066-1073.