International Journal of Modern Science and Technology, 1(3), 2016, Pages 85-91.
Multiport converter based hybrid power generation system
S. Sivasakthi, C. Venkatesan, M. Thiyagarajan
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Arasu Engineering College,Kumbakonam - 612501. India.
The present paper deals the hybrid application using bidirectional Direct current-Direct current converter in order to supply a constant power supply to grid. The operation of Zero current switching and Zero voltage switching can be obtained in the non isolated bidirectional converter by eliminating the transformer. Dual operation takes place in the converter even any power demand from the inputs. The existing system deals the isolated Bi-Directional Converter with the help of diesel generator. In this proposed system, multi input attains the non isolated Bi-Directional Converter for the three phase Alternating current supply to grid. The synchronous rectifier technique is used to reduce the losses. The voltage gain of the proposed converter is the half and the double of the conventional bidirectional DC-DC boost converter in the step-up modes. Therefore the proposed converter can be operated in wide-voltage-conversion range than the conventional bidirectional converter. The voltage stresses on the switches of the proposed converter are a half of the high-voltage side The switching loss and conduction loss can be minimized The converter has simple design, low power losses due to less components and can operate in single and double input modes. This can be analyzed in MATLAB simulation.
Keywords: Non- isolated bidirectional converter; Zero voltage switching; Zero current Switching.
- Yu W, Hutchens C, Lai JS, Hegarty T. High efficiency converter with charge pump and combined inductor for extensive input photovoltaic AC module application. Proc IEEE Energy Conves Congr Expo (2009) 3895-3900.
- Wu TF, Kuo CL, Lee YD. Integration and operation of a single phase bi-directional inverter with two Buck/Boost MPPT for DC- distributions, IEEE Trans Power Electron 28 (2013) 5098-5017.
- Rongyuan L, Pottharst A, Frohleke N, and Bocker J. Analysis and design of improved isolated full-bridge bidirectional DC–DC converter. Proc IEEE 35th Annual Power Electron Spec Conf (2004) 521–526.
- Dunisha Wijeratne S, Moschopoulos G. A comparative study of two buck-type three phase single stage AC-DC full bridge converter, IEEE Trans Power Electron 29-(2014) 1632–1646.
- Muljadi E, Bialasiewicz TJ. Hybrid power system with a controlled energy storage. Proc IEEE 29th Annual Conf Ind Electron Soc (2003) 1296-1301.
- De Doncker RW, Divan DM, Kheraluwala MH. A three-phase soft-switched high-power density DC/DC converter for high-power applications. IEEE Trans Ind Appl 27 (1991) 63-73.
- Kjaer SB, Pedersen JK, Blaabjerg F. A appraisal of single-phase grid-connected inverter for photovoltaic components. IEEE Trans Ind Appl 41 (2005) 1292-1306.
- Lee IO, Moon GW. Soft-switching DC/DC converter with a Full ZVS range and reduced output filter for high- voltage applications. IEEE Trans Power Electron 28 (2013) 112-123.
- Gautam DS, Bhat AKS. A comparison of soft-switched DC-to-DC converters for electrolyzer application, IEEE Trans Power Electron 28 (2013) 54-63.
- Liu K, Lee FCY. Zero-voltage switching technique in DC/DC converters. IEEE Trans Power Electron 5 (1990) 293-304.
- Jiang S, Cao D , Li Y, and Peng F Z. Grid-connected boost-half-bridge photovoltaic micro inverter system using tedious current control and extreme power point tracking, IEEE Trans Power Electron 27(2012) 4711–4722.
- Li Q, Wolfs P. An appraisal of the single phase photovoltaic unit combined converter topologies with three dissimilar DC link structures, IEEE Trans Control Electron 23 (2008) 1320–1333.
- Zhang L, Sun K, Xing Y, Feng L, Ge H. A related network-connected photovoltaic cohort system based on DC bus, IEEE Trans Power Electron 26 (2011) 523-531.
- Sudhakar TD, Vinodini S. PV System based grid connected system. International Journal of Modern Science and Technology 1 (2016) 29-33.
International Journal of Modern Science and Technology