International Journal of Modern Science and Technology
International Journal of Modern Science and Technology, 1(2), 2016, Pages 58-63.
Implementation of solar based grid tied with interleaved fly back inverter
S. Sivasakthi, C. Venkatesan, M. Thiyagarajan
Department of of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Arasu Engineering College, Kumbakonam – 612 501. Tamil Nadu, India.
The main aim of this project is to improve the efficiency of the incorporate fly back inverter over a wide range, under boundary condition mode and discontinuous conduction mode .Based on the loss analysis, a new hybrid control strategy combining the one-phase discontinuous conduction mode and two-phase discontinuous conduction mode control is projected to progress the efficiency in wide load range by reducing the dominant losses depending on the load current. Furthermore, in comparison with the conventional Fly back, the energy is supplied to the secondary side not only from the magnetizing inductance, but also from the introduced series capacitor, lowering the transformer energy requirements. The proposed converter makes also the soft-transitions possible for both mosfets. For all these reasons, as a more efficient and smaller size approach, this topology shows better performances in high power density low-cost applications.
Keywords: Fly back inverter; Discontinuous conduction mode; Boundary condition mode.
- Yu, W., C. Hutchens, J.S. Lai, J. Zhang, G. Lisi, A. Djabbari, G. Smith and T. Hegarty, 2009. High efficiency converter with charge pump and coupled inductor for wide input photovoltaic AC module applications, Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE) IEEE, 1: 3895-3900.
- Kjaer SB, Pedersen JK, Blaabjerg F. An appraisal of single-phase grid-connected inverter for photovoltaic components, IEEE Transaction Industrial Applications 41 (2005) 1292-1306.
- Li Q, Wolfs P. An appraisal of the single phase photovoltaic unit combined converter topologies with three dissimilar DC link structures, IEEE Transactions Control Electronics 23 (2008) 1320-1333.
- Zhang L, Sun K, Xing Y, Feng L, Ge H. A related network-connected photovoltaic cohort system based on DC bus, IEEE Transactions Power Electron 26 (2011) 523-531.
- Jiang S, Cao D, Li Y, Peng FZ. Grid-connected boost-half-bridge photovoltaic micro inverter system using tedious current control and extreme power point tracking, IEEE Trans Power Electron 27 (2012) 4711-4722.
- Prapanavarat C, Barnes M, Jenkins N. Investigation of the presentation of a photovoltaic AC component, IEE Proc Gener Trans Distrib 149 (2002) 472-478.
- Shimizu T, Suzuki S. Controller of a high efficiency PV inverter with power decoupling function, Proc IEEE Int Conf Control Electron ECCE Asia (2011) 1533-1539.
- Kutkut N, Hu H. Photovoltaic micro-inverter: Topologies, control aspects, dependabilitymatters, and suitable standards, Proc. IEEE Energy Convers Congr Expo (2010)
- Lee O, Gun–Woo Moon GW. Soft-switching DC/DC converter with a Full ZVS Range and Reduced Output Filter for High- Voltage Applications, IEEE Trans Power Electron 28 (2013) 112-123.
- Wu TF, Kuo CL, Lee YD. Integration and Operation of a Single Phase Bi-Directional Inverter With Two Buck/Boost MPPT for DC- Distributions, IEEE Trans Power. Electron 28 (2013) 5098-5017.
- Dunisha Wijeratne S. Gerry Moschopoulos. A Comparative Study of Two Buck – type Three Phase Single Stage AC-DC Full Bridge Converter, IEEE Trans Power Electron 29 (2014) 1632-1646.
- Gautam DS, Bhat AKS. A comparison of soft-switched DC-to-DC converters for electrolyzer application, IEEE Trans Power Electron 28 (2013) 54-63.
- Rongyuan L, Pottharst A, Frohleke N, Bocker J. Analysis and design of improved isolated full-bridge bidirectional DC–DC converter, Proc IEEE 35th Annul Power Electron Spec Conf (2004) 521-526.